Think bliss balls and donuts combined.. These treats are a lot healthier than conventional donuts which are usually doused in oil and covered in refined sugar. They are probably the easiest donut recipe you'll ever make and don't require any baking.
This recipe calls for almond milk and cashew butter, however, you can substitute these with other plant milk and nut butter that you have to hand.
If you're not a fan of the white chocolate you can just leave it off, and if you can't be bothered with the donuts, you could also just roll the dough into little bliss balls.
WHY MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- The perfect healthier treat
- Perfect for parties
- Stores well in the fridge
- Plant-based and vegan-friendly
- Easy to make
- Minimal ingredients
- Free from any animal-derived products
- 1 ½ cups (121.5 g) gluten free rolled oats, or regular rolled oats for non GF
- 1 cup (112 g) ground almonds
- ¼ cup (30 g) freeze dried raspberries
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 g) salt, sea salt or Himalayan pink
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) almond extract
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla bean paste
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) almond milk
- 100 g (3.53 oz) vegan-friendly white chocolate
- ¼ cup (30 g) freeze dried raspberries, for garnish
- For the dough, add the oat flakes, ground almonds, raspberries, and salt to a food processor and blitz until the ingredients reach a floury consistency.
- Add the almond extract, vanilla bean paste, medjool dates, and cashew butter, and blend further until you have a dough consistency.
- Finally, check the consistency of the dough, and if it’s not sticking together between your fingers add the almond milk and blend for another 30 seconds or so.
- Separate the dough into a silicone donut mold (if you don’t have a mold you can shape them into donuts with your hands). Place them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Take the donuts out of the silicone mold and dip one side of them in the melted chocolate. Sit them on a tray/plate lined with parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes to set.
- Once set, remove the donuts from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate for a second coating.
- Add the remaining freeze-dried raspberries to your food processor and blitz them to a powder.
- Sprinkle some raspberry powder on top of the chocolate and place them back in the freezer for another 5 minutes before serving.
© addictedtodates.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. If you want to share this recipe, please do so using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or republish the recipe or content in full. instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.