** UPDATE** This chocolate recipe has a fudge-y texture, if you're looking for a snappy chocolate, I've since developed an improved Milk Chocolate Recipe which you can find here
Seeing as Easter is just around the corner and we all know that that's an excuse to eat, well... more chocolate. I've decided to share some chocolate recipes with you all over the coming weeks.
The first one being this milk or 'mylk' chocolate recipe. What do you call it? Main thing is it's dairy free 🙂
Creamier and softer than dark chocolate, the addition of some ingredients such as cashew butter, coconut milk and Raw creamed coconut butter give this chocolate its 'milky' effect. I used a ready made raw creamed coconut butter (*see product link below), which is essentially raw coconut flesh blended into a butter. You could also make your own coconut butter by blending raw coconut flakes until smooth and creamy.
Over the past couple of weeks I've tried out several versions of this recipe in order to find the best one. One of them was using cacao butter in place of the coconut oil, because I just love the flavour and aroma that it gives. However I found the texture of the chocolate to be too soft, and too much of a fudgey consistency. But I'll keep working on that version, and in the meantime I hope you enjoy this one which uses coconut oil!
So with all this recipe testing over the past few weeks, my freezer has been filling up with chocolate. Soon I'm planning to melt down all the chocolate and use it to make vegan Easter eggs! And the next recipe coming for you will be the highly anticipated white vegan chocolate, which tastes sooo close to the original.. stay tuned!
As always I really hope you enjoy making this recipe. If you try it, I'd love to see your creations. Be sure to Tag me on Instagram so that I can see your creations and tag you in my Instagram stories.
What recipe tutorial would you like to see me do next? Leave a comment on here or on my YouTube video to let me know!
Enjoy!! Christina xx
Dairy-Free Chocolate (Fudgy)
Here's an easy version of vegan 'milk' chocolate. The texture is a little more 'fudge-y' than regular chocolate but it's super delish!
2 large or 4 small chocolate shaped silicone moulds
- 2 tbsp (29.57 g) cacao powder
- 4 tbsp (59.15 g) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (4.93 ml) vanilla extract
- ⅙ tsp (0.82 g) sea salt of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp (29.57 ml) coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp (22.18 g) cashew butter
- 1 tbsp (14.79 g) creamed coconut, or coconut butter
- ½ cup (109 g) coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil and raw coconut over a double water boiler.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the chocolate to a silicone mould and place in the freezer to set for one hour.
- Remove the chocolate from the silicone mould and enjoy!
- Its best to keep the chocolate stored in the fridge or freezer to prevent it from softening at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me TodayBe sure to leave a rating and a review in the section below, and mention @addictedtodates or tag #addictedtodates
© addictedtodates.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. If you want to share this recipe, please do so using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or republish the recipe or content in full. instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.