This recipe was made in collaboration with Iswari Superfoods.
The most delicious no-bake bars that are decadent yet healthy topped with a melt-in-the-mouth vegan Nutella spread! These bars are the perfect pick-me-up for that midday slump, so why not prepare a batch at the weekend to keep you going during the weekdays!
These bars are
- Intensely chocolatey
- Decadent and rich
- Taste just like Nutella!
- No-Bake and easy to make
Let's make no-bake nutella bars
(Full recipe and instructions in the recipe card at the end of this page)
Make the base
Add the gluten-free oats blend, hazelnut butter, and maple syrup to your food processor and blend for a few minutes until combined. Check the consistency of the dough and if it doesn't stick together easily add the water, then blend again until the mixture sticks together to form a dough consistency.
Next press the base into a pan lined with parchment paper. I use an 8-inch square pan. I recommend spraying some oil in the pan before placing the parchment paper down as this will help to keep it in place.
The easiest way to make sure the base is nice and compact is to use either a cake scraper, cup measure, or flat bottomed glass to press it down evenly. Now you'll want to chill this layer for an hour to strengthen it and make sure it doesn't crumble when you add the ganache layer later.
Make the ganache
To make the ganache topping, first, melt the chocolate. The best way to do this is using a bain-marie (double boiler) which consists of adding water to a saucepan and bringing it to a gentle simmer. The chocolate is then placed in a heat-resistant bowl (that covers the entire circumference of the bowl), allowing the steam from the simmering water to rise up and gently heat the chocolate, causing it to melt. Using a water bath will ensure that you don't burn the chocolate too!
Then simply add all the ingredients for the ganache to your blender and blitz until silky smooth and creamy. To get an even layer, I like to first use a cake scraper to distribute the ganache on top of the chilled oat layer. Then use the back of a spoon to get that nice wavy-swirly effect! Top with some roasted hazelnuts and voila! Chill for 2 hours, then slice and serve.
Iswari Gluten-Free Oats Hazelnut Butter & Cacao: I highly recommend using this if it's available in your area. If you living outside of Europe and aren't able to get your hands on the Iswari gluten-free oats mix, you can substitute it with 2 ½ cups regular rolled oats and a quarter cup cacao powder. You may need to add a little water to the mixture to help it come together so keep an eye on the consistency if too dry add a tablespoon or two of water, or if too wet add some more rolled oats.
Hazelnut butter: If you can't get hazelnut butter you can make it at home from scratch in just a few steps!
Roast 10 ounces (280g) of skinless hazelnuts in a preheated oven at 150°C (300°F) for 8-10 minutes until slightly browned.
Add the roasted hazelnuts to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until runny and smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the jug at regular intervals. This may take anything from 5 to 15 minutes depending on the strength of your blender/processor.
More vegan nutella inspired recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ★★★★★ rating in the recipe card below and consider leaving a comment as well, thanks!
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. And subscribe via email to get all our new recipes!
No-Bake Nutella Bars (Vegan)
- 2 ½ cups (360 g) Iswari Gluten-Free Oats Hazelnut Butter & Cacao , *see notes
- ¼ cup (60 g) hazelnut butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 7 oz (200 g) vegan chocolate
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) hazelnut butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (115 g) full fat canned coconut milk , (use thick part from the top of the can)
- Toasted hazelnuts for garnish, optional
- Add the oats to your food processor along with the hazelnut butter and maple syrup and blend for a few minutes until combined. Add the water, then blend again until the mixture sticks together to form a dough consistency. If using regular oats (see notes below) add more water if the mixture is too dry or more oats if the mixture is too wet.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square pan with some oil and line it with parchment paper. Press the dough into the base of the pan and smooth it out using a cake scraper or flat-bottomed glass. Chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ganache topping by melting the chocolate over a double boiler. Add the melted chocolate, hazelnut butter, maple syrup, and coconut milk to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Use a cake scraper or spatula to spread the ganache on top of the base in an even layer. Then use the back of a spoon to create a swirl effect. Top with some roasted hazelnuts.
- Chill for 2 hours, then slice and serve.
- Store these bars in the fridge in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
- Iswari Gluten-Free Oats Hazelnut Butter & Cacao: Substitute with 2 ½ cups oats plus ¼ cup cacao powder
© addictedtodates.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. If you want to share this recipe, please do so using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or republish the recipe or content in full. instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.