This vegan mango tart is filled with a juicy homemade mango curd that is bursting with tropical flavor.
The easy no-bake cookie crust is made with just 3 ingredients and can be made with or without a food processor. You can make the filling with fresh or canned mango pulp, which means you can enjoy it, mango season or not!
📖 Recipe Overview
- Made with just 10 ingredients.
- Requires no baking.
- Perfect for summer gatherings, garden parties, and BBQs.
- Completely eggless and dairy-free.
🗒 Ingredients Needed
- Sweetened mango pulp or mango puree is the main ingredient for the mango filling. You can also use ripe, sweet fresh mango and puree it in a blender. I always use canned mango pulp as the quality of mangoes usually isn't great in Ireland. You can also use it to make vegan mango cheesecake or mango ice cream.
- Fresh passion fruit enhances the tropical flavor of the filling. You can use orange juice instead of passion fruit if preferred.
- For the cookie crust, I love using gingernut cookies as the ginger flavor works so well in contrast to the mango. You can use any other vegan cookies you like, digestive biscuits or graham crackers also work well.
- For the mango curd, cornstarch is the thickening agent while agar-agar powder helps to set the filling. Please don't use agar-agar flakes, they are not potent enough so you will need to add a lot more to get the same results.
🥣 How To Make Mango Passion Fruit Tart
(1) Add the dry ingredients (ginger cookies and sea salt) to your food processor and pulse until they resemble a fine crumb consistency. Add in the vegan butter and blend again until the mixture sticks together to form a dough consistency.
(2) Add the crust to a 14-inch rectangular tin lined with parchment paper. Use the back of a large spoon to smooth out the crust. Place the crust in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
Mango curd filling
(3) Add the non-dairy milk, cornstarch, and agar-agar powder to a saucepan. Whisk the mixture well to remove any lumps, this is known as a cornstarch slurry and reduces the risk of having grainy floury lumps once the mixture has been heated (ref. Bon Appetit).
(4) Next, add the brown sugar to the pan and whisk again until mixed through.
(5) Add in the mango pulp and passion fruit juice and whisk to combine over medium heat.
(6) Simmer the mango curd for about 5 minutes until it thickens. Make sure you stir it continuously to prevent it from burning to the saucepan.
(7) If needed, pass the curd through a fine-mesh sieve before adding it to the tart tin. Smooth out the top using the back of a spoon and chill for 2-3 hours until set.
(8) Lastly, garnish the no-bake mango tart to your liking. I love adding vegan whipped cream, fresh mango chunks, and passion fruit.
This tart will keep covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Yes, you can freeze it for up to 2 months in an airtight container. I recommend slicing the tart into servings and individually wrapping them in plastic wrap. Then just defrost them in the fridge the night before serving.
Yes, simply swap the cookies for vegan gluten-free cookies and if using oat milk, make sure it's GF-certified.
🌴 More Tropical Desserts
- 1 medium mango, cut into small chunks
- 2 passion fruit, optional
- ½ batch vegan whipped cream, optional
- Line the bottom and sides of a 14" rectangular cake tin (with removable base) with some parchment paper. You can also use a 9 or 9.5" round tart tin.
- Add the cookies and sea salt to your food processor and blitz for about 30 seconds until evenly finely ground. Add in the vegan butter and blend again until evenly combined and the mixture sticks together between your fingers. Press the cookie mixture into the base and sides of the tart tin, and smooth it out with the back of a spoon, making sure it is compact. Set it aside in the freezer to set for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- To a saucepan, add the non-dairy milk, cornstarch, and agar-agar powder and whisk well to remove any lumps. Add the brown sugar and whisk again until combined.
- Add the mango pulp and passion fruit juice and bring to a simmer on medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula or whisk to prevent the mixture from burning to the pan. Pass the mango curd through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps.
- Add the mango curd on top of the cookie crust and smooth out the top of it using the back of a spoon. Place the tart in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours, or until set.
Serving and storage
- Before serving, top the tart with some vegan whipped cream, mango chunks, and passion fruit.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days. To freeze, wrap well in plastic wrap or in an airtight container. Defrost the tart in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Most mango pulp from a can will pre-sweetened. If using fresh mango, you may want to add a few extra tablespoons of brown sugar to taste.
- Make the recipe gluten-free by using GF cookies and if using oat milk, make sure it's GF-certified.
© addictedtodates.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. If you want to share this recipe, please do so using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or republish the recipe or content in full. instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.